Alu Macbook Screen Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SilentEvoker, Mar 11, 2009.

1. SilentEvoker macrumors newbie

Got my unit when it first came out (2 days after the announcement last October to be exact), and I noticed that my screen tends to show bits of white lines once in a while... and this usually happens when I open/lift the screen.

What to do? I hope it's not normal.

2. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Has this always happened, or did it just recently start? Also, how long does it last?

3. SilentEvoker thread starter macrumors newbie

It started happening about a month or 2 ago, but it was seldom then compared to now which usually happens every time I boot the system, if not while waiting for the desktop to load.

The duration varies... and I think the only way to revert everything back to normal, once it happens, is by tilting the screen up and down.

4. rocwiff macrumors newbie

Definitely not something that is normal. Probably a loose connection in the screen itself or the flex cable that transmits video to the screen. Since it is still under warranty I would take it in to Apple for service.

5. SilentEvoker thread starter macrumors newbie

But my problem is showing the situation while in-store. Since the problem happens on a random basis, I'm sorta worried that they might not entertain my dilemma.

Whaddya think? FYI-- I bought the Macbook in the US but I currently live in the Philippines. We don't have Apple stores here per-se, but we do have Mac specialty stores that are authorized dealers.

6. Joeski macrumors member

If the problem corrects itself when you tilt the screen one way or another, it sounds like it's a physical issue that Apple can solve. I'd tell them exactly what's what and send it back.

And of course it's not going to do the problem when you bring it in! It's like bringing a car to a mechanic that all of a sudden doesn't make that noise.

7. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy