Alu Macbook users, do you use a mouse?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by morrisman1, Jan 8, 2009.

?

Do you use a mouse with your unibody macbook?

1. Yes, i use a mouse all the time because i hate the trackpad

8.0%
  2. I only use a mouse for gaming

27.3%
  3. My mouse is gathering dust, the trackpad is better than sliced bread

64.8%
  1. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

My friend Kevin does... he just got the MacBook for Christmas after growing up a PC guy. He can't stand the whole lack of instant right click even though the right click operation is built into so much now.

2. morrisman1 thread starter macrumors 6502

i only use my mouse for gaming. games just dont work without a 'proper' right click. things like using a scope on crysis and all that stuff doenst work with the trackpad. i havnt used my mouse for anything else since i got a unibody macbook

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I could be mistaken here but can't you configure to new MacBooks to have a right click area on the trackpad?

4. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

5. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Yeah but only in Mac OS X, and even then he still says he hates it.

6. morrisman1 thread starter macrumors 6502

so he bought a macbook, doenst use the features on it and puts windows on it? why didnt he just get a dell?

7. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

8. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Unfortunately the only answer for that is "he's Kevin". I agree that a PC notebook would have served his needs better, but I kinda think he was jealous of me getting my MacBook after years of the same iMac and then that whole Mac Mini incident... I suddenly had an awesome computer that I can make full use of no matter where I am and I think he was envious of that.

9. morrisman1 thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm i knew there would be something i would forget! too late now, it wont let me add it to the poll

10. Ploki macrumors 68020

11. penfool macrumors newbie

use my mouse for gaming, photo editing etc. but when i'm just surfing or typing trackpad all the way.

12. crazyxzer0 macrumors 6502

definitely only at the desk. I use the trackpad when I am using the laptop outside of the desk. The trackpad does make the hand a little tired afterwhile from all the gesturing. :cool:

13. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I had always used a mouse with my previous laptops like my Dell because I just couldnt get the hang of the trackpad and I needed the more usage that a mouse gave me in working with small projects, images, etc.
    So, when I got my Macbook, I also bought a mighty mouse to go with it, however once I started using this trackpad I realized I didnt need it. I think I picked up the mouse once to see how it would feel, but quickly went back to the trackpad. I love this Macbook trackpad!!! I will occasionally have to do something on one of my other home pc laptops and dealing with those trackpads anymore just frustrate me! lol I never thought using at trackpad good be this good after using all the substandard pc ones for years! So, no mouse for me!

14. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Same here.. When the MB is on my stand, i use bluetooth mouse/keys. Otherwise, this new Trackpad is phenomenal.
    I LOVE the two-finger right-click! I think it's a thousand times better than a regular mouse or a PC trackpad.

15. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

I only use a mouse for gaming when playing Left 4 Dead or GTA IV when i have to aim, otherwise the trackpad is amazing! I cannot use a different trackpad anymore, this one is just so intuitive and the size makes it so comfortable! I love the 2 finger scroll, 3 finger slideshows, 4 finger swipe gestures for exposé, application switcher and show desktop.

This is all you need in a trackpad.

16. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

If this was written into the poll, I'd check it. I use both a mouse and external keyboard at my work station only.

17. Crash1234 macrumors regular

Why even bother setting the pad to have a right click zone, you can right click by just tapping with two fingers instead of one. Really easy and convenient. Even more convenient than right clicking on a pc trackpad.

18. james-thescalie macrumors member

19. goldfronts macrumors member

If this were on the poll I'd vote

20. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

If there was an option 'I only use one for gaming, as the new trackpad is better than sliced bread' I would have voted for that one.

21. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

22. mckvakk macrumors regular

Thanks. Didn't know that:)

23. rjhouck macrumors newbie

I only use my mouse when my ALU Macbook is connect to 20" external monitor. I also use a full size keyboard.

24. dnguyen macrumors regular

The trackpad is good, but it's no replacement for an external mouse. I would vote for "at my desk" too.