Alum 24" iMac, Photoshop CS3 refuses to install

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jaw04005, Sep 17, 2007.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I recently purchased a new Alum 24" iMac. Over the past two weeks, I've been trying to install CS3 Design Premium.

The installation appears to act as normal (although it's extremely slow), but at the end of the process it reports with a red X, "Photoshop CS could not be installed."

• Re-run the setup program. Same error persists.

• Downloaded Adobe's CS3 Clean Script (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html), and re-run setup again. Same issue (Performed both Level 2, and the secret Level 3 options).

• I erased and reinstalled Mac OS X (10.4.10). The installation again installs every application except Photoshop CS.

• Tried to just install Photoshop CS 3. Works fine if installing after Clean Script. However, all other components will fail if attempting to install them after installing Photoshop.

Any ideas? Adobe Technical Support was absolutely no help. They suggested I spend $20 to have them send out replacement installation discs.

By the way, the entire Adobe CS 3 Setup (from the same discs) runs perfectly fine on my MacBook and 20" iMac (Core Duo).

Attached Files:

• JAW.jpg
      JAW.jpg
      File size:
      82.3 KB
      Views:
  2. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

Well if those CS3 worked fine on other intel macs, then I guess yours isn't working. I'd better call Apple for replacement / repair.

3. jwt macrumors 6502

Well, damn near everything can be downloaded as a try before you buy. I suggest doing a custom install, installing everything but photoshop. Then, download the PS installer and install it by itself. I'm glad I didn't have the problem you just described. I would have been super pissed after spending that much money and having them tell me it'll be another $20 for the replacement DVD. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we buy a license, not the physical disc. If it doesn't work, they should send you a replacement for free.

4. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

I've read in some German forum that there exists a problem with Adobe CS3 recently. For no known reason it refuses to install properly on some machines. Adobes answer to this is more or less is: "we know this issue and we are working on it."

That's what happens if a company has almost no competition for its products... :mad:

It is also the reason why I'm still working with CS2, I know my bad luck, and I know how pissed I would be if I drop my hard earned cash on that software and then I can't use it.

5. dlongmo macrumors newbie

Same Problem

I can't even install InDesign or Illustrator. It only installs the acrobat, and other small things.

Has someone figured this out?