Alum Macbook and SLEEP

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iOrlando, Dec 25, 2008.

1. iOrlando macrumors 68000

Ok...i think many people have been complaining about this...

Heres my issue...If I leave the macbook for say 3 hours....it goes to sleep...ichat signs off..etc...takes 4-5 seconds to start up once i press any key...

but..

if i remember correctly..when i first got the macbook...i can close the lid... then open it..and just click the trackpad..and the screen would turn back on...ichat still on...

what do most new macbooks do ? the first scenario? anyway of just closing the screen and not getting logged off ichat or wireless internet?

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Will if you close the lid and let the MB sleep the wireless internet automatically disconnect and it reconnected when you open it...

3. ebika macrumors 6502

If you go into the System Preferences, then into Energy Saver, it will show you the settings for when the laptop is on AC power and when it is on battery power. You can adjust the settings for sleep if you want.

If you want your laptop to remain running while the lid is closed, I recommend Insomniax, and if you are interested in faster sleep, I recommend SmartSleep.

4. iOrlando thread starter macrumors 68000

it does it automatically 80% of the time... the other 20% of the time i have to retype my network name.

its not a hugeee deal...i was just a bit confused why it changes....like sometimes i have to click a key..other times click the trackpad...its just weird.