Alum. MacBook fans just went berserk!!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Bobdude161, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

My fans have been sounding sickly. They're not mooing, or humming but more chugging/gurgling at times (not getting the HD noise mixed up). I've been letting them do their little noise for a while but this was just nuts!

I had run down my battery and the Macbook was put into auto-hibernate. I plugged it into a power source and it started back up. Only problem was the fans were spinning faster and faster each second. It seemed like they were at full rev and were making a sound similar to a weed-eater (I know people like to exaggerate on teh internets, i'm for realz). IT WAS LOUD!!! Sounded like one of the ball bearings have gone out and it was rubbing big time. I yanked the power cord and pulled the battery and plugged it back in. The fans did it again! So I PRAMed it and it's back to normal for now.

This thing is only 3-4 months old. I guess I'll need to turn this into the Apple store for repairs, yes? :eek:

2. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

id take it in and get it looked at. It dosent sound normal to me at all. Id be a little concerned. After all, you didnt spend good money on your mac for this to happen. Might as well use your apple care or service plan while you still have it.

3. impreza98 macrumors member

If it starts up again try pulling out the battery then hold down the power button for 15 seconds. This resets the hardware controller.

4. Bobdude161 thread starter macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

5. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

O.O you have a problem, get it to the apple store right away.

6. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Dude, sounds like it's about to take off!! :eek: :D
    They'll figure it all our for ya. Good luck.