Alum Macbook Heat Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ec51, Oct 20, 2008.

1. ec51 macrumors 6502

I have read that everyones new MB's have been running cool and quiet. However, I noticed that the left side of my MB (around the Magsafe area); on the top side in the corner - is pretty warm. I wonder if this is just normal heat dissipating from the magsafe being in that area.

Wondering if anyone else had noticed this.

Thanks...

eR

2. phas3 macrumors 65816

well its because the cpu is located in that area so the top left is usually where the heat is, now where else on the laptop.

3. Elia macrumors newbie

save on heating this winter!

Has any one put his new macbook on his lap? Almost 3rd degree burns!
    Is it normal for macbook? This is my first macbook, my Thinkpad(s) (T22, T42, T60) never had this heat. I just couldn't put it on my Jeans....

4. Ardency macrumors newbie

Do you have the aluminum one? That is not normal. I sit with mine on my lap and I don't feel any heat. The only time I felt heat was when I was playing spore and even then it wasn't that hot.
    I use to have a blackbook and that thing ran pretty warm. I use to have to put a pillow under it so I wouldn't feel the heat.

OP, I haven't noticed any heat coming from the magsafe area. I will check it out when I get home though.

5. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

6. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

my dad's macbook pro (new) started heating up a lot the other day.

my early 08 MacBook doesn't get hot unless i'm like processing a new video or something.

7. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I haven't noticed any heat from the top area, I will check again next time I use it.

I also use my on my lap and haven't noticed much heat on the bottom either.

8. Elia macrumors newbie

Well.....

I can put beer on the top :) and make eggs on the bottom:eek: (sorry for being rude)

9. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

My black Macbook gives off little heat even using intensive apps and I can sit it on my lap easily.

10. Ardency macrumors newbie

Yeah, well it was having quite a few issues. Perhaps that was the cause or a cause of the issues. :p