alum macbook help

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Pjoseph, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Pjoseph macrumors member

I recently let my girlfriend borrow my computer because she needed it for school.
    well now sometimes when I click on icons like safari it does nothing I have to click on it several times before it opens up.

I am new to mac so I have no idea where to start.

thanks

2. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Does this happen on everything that you click? Did your girlfriend drop it or anything? Seems like the trackpad just isn't registering the clicks and isn't a software issue, more like hardware.

3. Pjoseph thread starter macrumors member

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It can be replaced, just look on eBay for a replacement part. I would imagine any of the unibody aluminum MacBook (or Pro) should work, although I'd make sure it was for the 13" at least, just to be safe.

5. Pjoseph thread starter macrumors member

I recently picked up an external mouse and it is clear now that it is a problem with the trackpad, is there anything else internal that could cause the trackpad to act like this? I just want to be sure that it is the trackpad and that if I replace it, it will resolve my problem, since I just searched online and they are about $60 to replace which is a lot if you ask me

thanks

6. Djhyper66 macrumors newbie

this type of post happen every month (this need be a sticky)

people press to darn hard on the track pad, change ur setting to tap to press option instead of pressing down,

the problem with all track pad is the screw get loose , open ur botton ur laptop it a special screw driver to turn it , if you over tighten it ur trackpad wont click. it not borken, it just loose. Tighten it alittle and it work again.

7. Pjoseph thread starter macrumors member

Thanks where can i get a screw driver for those weird screws?

The trakpad still makes the click sound but not working all the time,

Is there a purpose for using screws like that? I hate that I have to now go out and buy a screw driver just for this