alum macbook screen cracking sound

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by baddj, Sep 11, 2009.

1. baddj macrumors 6502

Okay i have been putting this off as i got told apple will most likely not fix it but do you think they will ill have to go to an authorized service provider as there is not apple store here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA1ihGuGrTs

and that sound is not made by it been on that stand as it does it while on the table i only used to stand to life it up for the camera.

and its still under applecare.

2. jaysunn macrumors newbie

jaysunn

Sweet Sound,

If you have apple care this will be covered under hinges. I am almost 100%. However as you said you will most likely need to take it to a authorized reseller. I just had my keyboard replaced cause the X key sounded like glass crunching. The genious guy at the apple store pressed the key once and said they will replace it.

Jaysunn

3. baddj thread starter macrumors 6502

I only got the one year complimentary warranty that come with all Mac's Or do need the applecare package?

4. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing it would be the black bar in the middle i think it's the hinges ?
    i don't know what it's called. but on my whitebook, that's where the inverter is for my macbook, I don't know about the alu though.
    but from me it sounds like something is getting caught when you're moving the screen... it must be that black bar hinge thing.

call apple care

5. baddj thread starter macrumors 6502

Come to think of it i think it is caught on something as when as the screen get hard to move and that's when it makes the sound.

I called applecare last week and they told me to call the a authorized service provider.

they guy there told me that apple will most likely not fix it as they would file it under user damage. and i would have to pay big $$ to fix it. :( but I have never dropped the Macbook and I have kept it in great condition..

so on Monday i am going to call anther authorized service provider one that was recommended to me by 3 guys.