Alum Macbook Trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kelv1ntran, Mar 7, 2009.

1. kelv1ntran macrumors member

i dunno if i'm being a stickler or not but does anybody elses trackpad seem to sink in a little bit at the bottom? i went to the apple store today and their trackpads are lined up very straight. am i trippin or should i bring it in? i've had my mb for about almost 2 months now fyi

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Since it 'hinges' from the top, given Apple's build quality it's likely to sink in at the bottom after a while. No biggie, unless of course the button fails.

3. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

There is a screw underneath the battery that you can tighten to adjust this. I tightened the screw to try to remedy the fact that my trackpad was clicking very loudly compared to my Blackbook.

If you tighten the screw too much you will disable clicking all together-- kinda making the trackpad tap-to-click only. haha. Just loosen it a bit if you do that.

4. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

mine doesn't "sink in". if it bugs you, you can take it in and find out what they say.

5. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Wish mine would 'sink in' with the other half. She still has trouble with it not having a separate button :p