Aluminium Bumper iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sheppy1, Apr 9, 2013.

1. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

2. ProudLoz macrumors regular

I haven't bought that specific aluminum bumper, but I can tell you right now that you're gonna lose signal. If you're getting five bars in one place, expect to get four or lower. If you're signal it average at one place, expect your phone to struggle a bit to get a good signal. And if you're inside a building, you can forget it.

3. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Haha okay then I'll give it a miss I think because my signal isn't really amazing as it is! I was considering a fake sector 5 case too but I guess I'd have the same issues..

4. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

No, the Sector 5 is the one exception. There are no signal issues or if there is it's not significant. I have had three genuine Element Sector 5's, sold one to a friend. There have been no problems for 6 Mo. I'm sure the fake copies are the same. They include rash guards and foam bumpers so no phone damage.

5. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Oh really!? Do the fake ones usually comes with the foam guards too?? I'd get one if so! Don't add much bulk do they?

6. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

I think some have adhesive pads that you install at corners yourself, but they all have pads.
    They are very thin and light. They flair out a little at the links, but not a problem for me, it's a help in holding the phone.