Aluminium keyboard vs. Intel iMac(early 2006)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Visualize, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Visualize macrumors newbie

Visualize

Hi,

After having bought the new Aluminium keyboard(wired) I wanted to reset my PRAM one day and did the keycommands for just that. Didn't work. The keyboard didn't recognize any keystrokes. I know this because I plugged in my old ancient white keyboard(the one that came with the iMac) and that worked like a charm. Tried again with the alu keyboard to be sure but still a no-go.

I know that the aluminium keyboard does not respond to USB-sticks that use USB2.0 in the keyboard itself. That only works with the Aluminium iMacs.

My questions are, what can I do to make my Intel iMac(from early 2006) recognize my wired aluminium keyboard on boot? And is there any workarounds for using USB-keys in the keyboard outlets? the first question is the most important for me.

NOTE: I live in Denmark, Scandinavia and my keyboard is with a Danish layout. If that matters?!

I have the keyboard software installed aswell as an updated(latest) firmware for my iMac.

Has this been posted earlier? Because I could not locate any thread concerning this.

Thank you.

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Did you download the software update for the keyboard?

I had the same problem but fortunately found a thread where it was being discussed.

3. Visualize thread starter macrumors newbie

Visualize

Yes I have it installed , according to the Software Update Prefpane atleast. Date is September 18. Maybe I should re-install it, but I can't imagine why it would help. It doesn't hurt to try, I guess.

Could you hit me up with the link to the thread that you located? Further investigation is needed...

4. Visualize thread starter macrumors newbie

Visualize

a quick update.. Keyboard Software 1.2 update does nothing. I decided to reinstall the mentioned update but I still couldn't get in contact with my keyboard during boot. I have unplugged all extra peripherals like external harddrives and whatnot but still a no-go.

I think i'll just plug in my old keyboard for when I need to press C or Command-Option-P-R during boot. :(