Aluminium Keyboard WWDC Update?????

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iWoz, Jun 10, 2009.

1. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Hi All

Sorry if the title sounds misleading, I was waiting before I bought a keyboard, but I was hoping they might announce a wireless keyboard with numeric pad...But I guess this isn't happening anytime soon?

Thanks

2. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

It wouldn't appear so. They did quietly add a wired version of their sans-keypad board though, so adding another model isn't entirely out of the question.

3. mgridgaway macrumors 6502

mgridgaway

They will probably never add a numeric keypad to the wireless keyboard. The lopping of the keypard on the wired keyboard is indicative of this.

4. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

The wireless keyboard (and wired) will probably stay the same for a while, at least until Apple abandons the "island-style" keyboard.

A lot of people find they want a numeric pad and then realize they don't need it. This could apply to you…

If you want I believe you can probably find a wired numeric keypad somewhere… don't know how well that would work out though.

5. Detektiv-Pinky macrumors 6502a

Detektiv-Pinky

It is not only about the numeric keys.

The full sized keyboard has way more useful keys, like a DEL, Page-Up, Page Down, an FN-Key that does not get in the way if you have to use the CTRL-Key (in Terminal) and more Function Keys.

It is just so much more natural to work on, than the smaller version...