Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

royger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
I've bought an aluminium MacBook like 3 weeks ago and the screen has detached from the aluminium case, is this a normal issue?

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
I figure this isn't the case, but your description leaves me picturing you holding the entire screen assembly with wires dangling while the CPU/Keyboard portion sits on the table. :eek:

I would imagine that in any interpretation this isn't a 'normal' issue and you probably need to take it to Apple, but an actual photo might help you find someone else who's experienced the same issue. :)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I've bought an aluminium MacBook like 3 weeks ago and the screen has detached from the aluminium case, is this a normal issue?

If you have to ask this question then I cannot imagine how you function. Seriously? Is it normal for a screen to be detached from the case? No.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
"Is this a normal issue?"

haha, yes, out laptops are made to self-disassemble :p

No really though, take it in.

royger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
There's plenty of room behind the screen, I just trough that maybe it's just some kind of "secret pocket" (I could hide a couple of cigarettes behind) hehehe. Anyway I've already took it for repair, so there are no photos, sorry :( I just wanted to know if more people are experiencing the same issue.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
There's plenty of room behind the screen, I just trough that maybe it's just some kind of "secret pocket" (I could hide a couple of cigarettes behind) hehehe. Anyway I've already took it for repair, so there are no photos, sorry :( I just wanted to know if more people are experiencing the same issue.

Your telling me you could put cigarettes behind the display of your MacBook?

MistaBungle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2005
To the OP, dead pixels are also bad. They are not a 'Where's Waldo' mini-game created by the display.

But really, the first thing you thought was a storage for cigarettes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.