Aluminium MacBook UK ship time

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by northy014, Oct 26, 2008.

1. northy014 macrumors regular

Hi guys. Am making the switch (yay), and just ordered my macbook from the UK apple edu store. So, it says it will be shipped in three business days, I assume that will be wednesday. It estimates delivery on the 4th/5th November. However, I want to know whether it will be quicker than that. For those UK residents who have ordered a new macbook, how long was shipping?

Just need to know, because if I go back to school on sunday, so if it comes after then, I will need to change the address to my school. Any ideas?

2. PresentACat macrumors regular

Sorry to be a miserable git, but did you not see the big thread saying "UK - Anyone's Macbook Shipped yet?"?

Basically no one that we are aware of who ordered (even if they ordered immediately as the new Macbook was released) has recieved them yet. My macbook is currently in Germany having left China yesterday morning.
    So, I would say it will take 3-4 days for them to ship it, and shipping will take.....3-4 more days depending if you catch good planes etc.

3. northy014 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, :rolleyes:, saw it just after I posted this. Reckon I might have to change dates.:(

4. PresentACat macrumors regular

That is okay. Sorry I can't be more help, but if you take a look through there you will see that most people had theirs shipped out on Saturday morning, and are now expecting them on Tuesday. So the shipping time is not that bad, but people who ordered lots of stuff with their order (iPods, Printers and the like) are having trouble tracking them.

Keep an eye out in there and I will post whenever my tracking info gets updated by UPS.
    Also, keep in mind that most people in that thread ordered on Tuesday (of the launch event, the 14th), Weds, Thurs or Fri. At that time the Apple store was saying it would be a 7 day wait for shipping, and so it was, but now I beleive the time is now quoted at 3 days for new orders, so no one knows how long it will take I'm afraid!

One more thing, plenty of people had theirs 'shipped' on Tuesday/Weds, but they were not really shipped as it appears nothing left China until the 25th, one big bundle for several days worth of orders.

5. hellisforheroes macrumors newbie

hellisforheroes

Yea.

Ordered mine a couple of days after the release. It's currently in Germany expected on Tuesday. Can't f**king wait. (expect to wait about a week and a half.)

6. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

7. northy014 thread starter macrumors regular

There isn't an apple store in cardiff, and i wanted to get the education discount. I'll just wait. My trusty sony isn't dead yet.:)

8. Gordy macrumors 6502a

There is a store in Bristol now which is quite near. You can get your student discount in store. Though I would ring to confirm stock etc before popping over.