Aluminum 13" MacBook was stolen- need to replace it

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by davidnnoe, Sep 3, 2010.

1. davidnnoe macrumors newbie

I had the 13" Alum Macbook that would be 2 years old in Oct... was stolen this week at work. So obviously need to replace it! I had the 2.4 processor and 250GB memory. Doing my research now the low end Macbook Pro seems to have the same processor and the upper model is 2.66. Macworld Mag's review seems to say the price difference does not justify the small processor speed bump it's so minimal. So wondering what you guys think if its worth it or should I save the money and buy the lower one? IS the processor the exact same one I had in my old MacBook ALuminum one that was 2 years old? I see there's more memory in the new systems.

I'm a graphic designer and use Creative Suite 5. I know the 15 and 17 macbooks are much more powerful but I just LOVE the small size of the 13!!

advice?? thanks!!!

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

just get the 2.4 version. the .26ghz the top end models net you is pointless. it is like paying for one more sesame seed on a bun.

3. andrew8404 macrumors regular

See if you have a microcenter near you. They have the 13 Pro on sale right now for 999.

4. vistadude macrumors 65816

Also consider the regular macbook. With 4 GB ram, it's $100 cheaper than the pro and same speed.