Aluminum back cover for Verizon iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by alan111, Apr 17, 2011.

1. alan111 macrumors regular

Has anyone been able to find one?

The ones I have found online and eBay are only for the AT&T version, not Verizon.

Has anyone purchased an AT&T version and was able to adapt it to a Verizon phone?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. alan111 thread starter macrumors regular

3. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

4. KoreaIphone macrumors newbie

Personally I didn't like it..
    Like I am in Korea and I get to see all the cool Iphone acc way before US does but.. to be frank I haven't found a good one yet

5. bestace, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011

bestace macrumors member

be careful

alan 111 i bought a similar product once and it put me off. it was simply a flat sheet of aluminum stuck to the plastic piece with some sticky tape.....:( it looked good but far from the quality i wanted..

6. alan111 thread starter macrumors regular

Well here are the pics.
    I don't think it is real aluminum, rather a very hard plastic. It one piece, with metal tabs and is of very high quality. Took me 30 seconds to install. I am overall very happy with this product. I just wish the aluminum color was a bit lighter to match my other apple products.

PS - that's my SGP anti-fingerprint screen protector on the front.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. kicko macrumors 65816

funny i was just looking at bacsk yesterday until i noticed they backs wont fit the Vphone.

That looks pretty good but i thnk thats the painted apple logo that wears off eventually.

I was looking for the one with the apple logo cut into the metal.

8. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

I don't have pics or a review up yet (kind of backlogged on reviews right now), but I've been trying several colors of the aluminum backplates that you can buy on sw-box.com. They look identical to the one in the pics above. I have the gold, silver, and gunmetal colors. They fit great, and have metal screw holes, but the biggest negative so far for them is that they degrade reception almost as much as a bad aluminum case (such as the Element Vapor) does. I'm noticing an average of a 15-18 dB drop (this can be anywhere from 1 to 2 "bars" of reception) when using any of the aluminum backplates. This is almost as bad of a drop as some of the worst full aluminum cases I've tested/reviewed, so if you live in a poor signal area, you might want to keep this in mind when ordering these aluminum backplates.

Added: I just noticed in the pics above that the "Apple" logo is painted on the backplate in that particular model. In the sw-box.com versions, it's a separate "mirror" finish piece that's recessed into the cover, and would not wear off. So these aren't the same backplate, and the sw-box.com versions look to be MUCH better construction.

9. alan111 thread starter macrumors regular

Well considering that no one else has the Verizon version, this cover is pretty much the only game in town right now.

10. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

I was just stating the difference in construction vs. the sw-box ones for comparison sake, as I'm sure that they will have Verizon compatible backplates there for sale soon. They've always been very quick to have accessories there not too long after they're generally available.

11. alan111 thread starter macrumors regular

I hope so too.
    I like my back cover, but just wish it was a little lighter like the other Apple products. Want it look as OEM as possible.

12. vromualdo macrumors newbie

Model number / Product name?

Can you send me the model number / product name for this?

I checked the site and there is:

1. Apple iPhone 4S back cover with metal insert - gunmetal; Model APP-COVRIP4S33

2. Apple iPhone 4S diamond cut black back cover with metal insert - gunmetal; Model APP-COVRIP4S01

Thank you so much!

13. vromualdo macrumors newbie

Hi, can you send me the exact product name or model number from sw-box? I cant seem to find it. Thank you so much!