Aluminum case that does not affect signal strength.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tjespo22, Nov 22, 2011.

1. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

Is there a case that does not affect signal strength that is aluminum? How is the newest vapor case or the leverage case?
    Thanks
    Tom

2. WonMan macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I believe with all aluminum cases you will experience some degree of signal loss. It is just an inherent issue, however I believe the new Element Vapor Pro and Vapor Comp and the Knockoff Element cases aren't very noticeable with signal lose. My choice would be the E13ctron Hybrid S4 or S4V. It is by far my favorite. In my opinion it is the best looking and the best price point for aluminum cases except for the Knockoff Element Cases. I still get signal lose but it is usually not even one bar. I also have a Knockoff Vapor Pro which performs better (signal wise), I just don't care for it.
    I Hope this helps

http://www.e13ctron.com/
    http://www.e13ctron.com/Aluminum-Acetal-Hybrid-e13ctron-s4-case-for-iphone-4_p_45.html

3. iz2sick macrumors 6502

iz2sick

Just to add...

The 4S experiences much less problems with aluminum cases because of the dual antenna.

4. slapppy macrumors 65816

Just clicked it on my iPad. Need FLASH. :rolleyes:

Anyway they look good but I was hoping for one color piece. I'm just not a fan of the two tone look.

5. WonMan macrumors newbie

These are the regular S4 / S4V cases. Polished on the left, matte on the right.
    All solid Colors

Attached Files:

6. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

7. slapppy macrumors 65816

Not hybrid right?

----------

I love the Jett. Very sleek and has held up for a long time. The reason I'm trying a different case is that I tend to do a lot of traveling for work. In offices or low signal areas, having full alum bumpers just kills it. Not very fun with clients.

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Well, there's the ...

How about the ...

Or the ...

Yeah, ^those.

9. WonMan macrumors newbie

It's not a Hybrid. It's all aluminum.

10. daooof macrumors regular

Aluminium is used in most antennae and will ALWAYS affect signal strength. Basically it's attracts conflicting signals which can screw with the iPhone.

11. Tonewheel macrumors 6502a

www.karaskustoms.com

I just received one of their iPhone 4S aluminum cases this morning (in black anodized aluminum.) These things are rock solid, feel great in the hand, and the aluminum doesn't touch the antenna band. Signal strength is unaffected (for me).

People either love or hate these cases....bumpers, actually. But the picture doesn't do it justice. These are precision machined aluminum cases (on sale right now), and my iPhone fit like a glove. They're not for everyone, but afford some good protection...better than a bumper, less than, say, an Otterbox.

12. slapppy macrumors 65816

I just checked the site. The price is great. They look really tough and can handle a beating. Can you post some pictures of yours?

13. JT17 macrumors newbie

What about the knock off E13ctron bumpers? I prefer the screws on the back rather than the front. Do these greatly affect the iPhone 4 signal? I had a Blade aluminum case that killed about 1-2 bars.

14. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

Just ordered the leverage case so well see how that goes.

15. DougNg macrumors member

I wonder if signal degradation is related to who the service provider is. The diff providers in the US use diff frequencies. I don't have any significant signal degradation on my Element Comp or Vapor. I have Verizon and my wife has Sprint

16. Janus2012 macrumors newbie

Try the Alfa Case from EDGE Design the sides are completely open.