Aluminum hype

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by johnsy, Oct 14, 2008.

1. johnsy macrumors 6502

OK, I see difference between plastic and aluminum macbook, but older macbook pro WAS aluminum (and some magnesium which is probably worth more in recycling terms). So the only difference is brick method and sturdiness of new laptops. Brick method appeared first not only on macbook air but also on ipod nano (at least top screen part).

2. Kaliemon macrumors member

On the MBP I think the big thing is the unibody, not the fact that its Aluminum. Unibody is a big improvement.

Less things to attach + less things that move = lower chance of failure.

3. marvel2 macrumors 6502

Unibody cars are also very structurally strong. It was very creative of apple to incorporate this design philosophy to notebooks.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Unibody has less chance of offset. Instead of being pieced together, with the chance of a single part maybe drilled imperfectly, Apple makes it one part. Piecing together things, you always have a bunch of mismatches. I actually like the newer design, it's sleeker and cooler looking with contrast. the older MBPs had ALL silver/aluminum color finish. Boring... the new ones are black and silver/aluminum color. Nice contrast for sure. And if you don't like the new ones, go get a a refurb.