Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rntunvs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
I just got my 24" 2.8 Aluminum iMac a few days ago and I love it in every way. One problem though, all ready it has a small, but deep scratch 4" left of the black apple logo on the front. I have no idea how this would have happened, and now I am starting to think that it came like this. Is this pretty typical? And is this something that I should complain about or should I just live with it?

Not that it's a big deal or anything, but it detracts from the appearance of an otherwise beautiful piece of machinery. Thanks everyone.

SaSaSushi

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2007
Takamatsu, Japan
I haven't found the aluminum surface of my 24" iMac to be particularly susceptible to scratches at all. After 6 months I've got none to speak.

Now the back of my 5G iPod is a different story altogether. There's an Apple product that scratches easily.

If the scratch is particularly bad and you think it came that way especially if it bothers you in any way you should absolutely return it to Apple for repair/replacement.

Rntunvs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Thank you for your advice. I think I will go in and see what they can do about it. Take care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.