Aluminum iPhone 5 IS coming and will shatter records

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jfrancis04, Oct 3, 2011.

1. jfrancis04, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011

jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

This is a note to investors. These guys don't mess around. (edit: now I'm not so sure as this analyst has an insanely high target price on apple).

EDIT: Another article about the report. Apparently, he's a "prominent" industry analyst. http://www.tgdaily.com/mobility-features/58826-fifth-gen-apple-iphone-to-break-records

http://www.bgr.com/2011/10/03/ticon...is-happening-launch-to-shatter-sales-records/

More on the analyst here...http://www.ticonderogasecurities.com/staff/default.aspx?StaffId=13

2. aohus macrumors 68000

3. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Let me save you some reading time.

This baseless rumour is coming from an... analyst.

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

5. mars526 macrumors newbie

I started to believe it, then I saw this

6. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

Aluminum iPhone with a little bit bigger screen. That's speaking my language. A tiny shred of hope remains.

7. jfrancis04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah that makes me think he might be a little insane. I've yet to see any targets that high.

8. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

While I will remain optimistic, analysts don't know anything more than us. It's all just educated guesses.

9. brodas macrumors regular

10. charliecc macrumors regular

So he owns lots of Apple stock then and sells 5 mins before the conference. I like his style.

11. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

This is the devil's work, I tell you! :p

12. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Who possibly paid someone a lot of money under the table for insider information.

Stuff like that goes on all the time on W$..... It's big money if they guess product roll-outs right before the general public finds out, therefore they are willing to pay / break laws for access to stuff.

Not saying it's completely baseless, just saying that analyst have access to more information then you think.

13. haXis macrumors member

haXis

stopped reading there

14. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I just don't see it. If it happens, great, and it would be the biggest kept secret Apple has ever had with no leaks of any kind outside of cases.

Which begs the question - where did the teardrop beside come from? Why was it so substantial that case makers supposedly made cases based on that design?

15. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

I personally cannot see this happening, though it would show apple trying to move into the unibody aluminium aspect of everything.

16. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 4 IS coming and it will shatter more glass backs.

17. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Here's the thing I'm confused about.

If they only release a 4S, then why would they be so bullish in their forecasts? Why would they order a record number of iPhones from the manufacturers? Are they expecting the 4S to sell like crazy, or do they actually have the legendary 5, and are expecting that to sell like crazy (as the Ticonderoga report claims)? I remember reading about this somewhere, but a vast majority of the early pre-orders for iPhone 4 that helped it shatter records were people upgrading from their past iPhones, not new comers to iPhone.

Something is not adding up here. As Joshua Topolsky said about the current 4S/5 situation, "it doesn't feel right." I doubt they'd be so arrogant as to say that even more people will want the 4S (read: more people will want to upgrade to a 4S) just because it'll be faster and have Assistant, which the current 4 won't.

18. jsbaugh macrumors 6502

The letdown tomorrow with no iphone5 is going to be epic.

19. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

I think it was an analyst who leaked iPad 1 information to everyone, after a Samsung employee leaked him iPad LCD display information over a lunch meeting. The Samsung employee came clean this year I believe after being granted immunity so he can tell all.

Basically, it's a 50/50 shot with analysts. Sometimes, these analysts have actually met people and have some basis to their claims. Other times, they only know as much as we do, take the most prominent rumors, and throw it out there with their name attached to it.

20. djrod macrumors 65816

djrod

Apple is working now with almost 100 carriers more than when they launched the iPhone 4, hence the need of built more units for all these "new" carriers

21. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

22. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

That still doesn't quite make sense. They've definitely added many carriers to their list, but their orders for the next iPhone(s) according to Digitimes were staggeringly high. I don't have a link to the article, as you have to be a paid subscriber, but you can see from a preview that iPhone 5 orders were in 25 million range here.

23. Pooshka macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

24. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

Lol @ the people finding any possible way of explaining the lack of redesign evidence, "4s is secret code" "4s images in iOS are placeholders" I think there is going to be a lot of disappointed people tomoro, sad that there are so many isheep that are guaranteed to ear whatever apple tells then to, otherwise apple may actually be forced to at least meet other phone makers standards of hardware and power.

25. Virance macrumors regular