aluminum iphone5 case that fits adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bighabeeb, Nov 27, 2012.

1. bighabeeb macrumors 6502

Anybody had luck finding an aluminum case that still fits the ip5 30pin to lightning adapter? Since my car has a 30pin cable, this is kind of essential for me at this point.

Tried the draco 5 - combined issue of the adapter not fitting and the case being incredibly uncomfortable to hold.

Still in love with the leverage but no word on availability for the ip5...

Anybody found one that works?

2. KojiH macrumors 6502

The VaporPro by CasesWill.com fits my Apple 0.2m lightning to 30 pin dock adapter cable. Keep in mind that the lightning end of Apple's 0.2m adapter is much fatter than the "normal" lightning USB cable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bighabeeb thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks - just read your review of that one too - looks pretty good and at a price I can definitely stomach as well - I'm a big time case ho, but I admit I'm getting tired of these 80+ dollar cases ;)

4. shleif macrumors newbie

Don't limit your choices on a case when you can just file the adapter down.

Here is one of my 30 pin adapters that I filed to make work with my Sector 5. It took less than a minute to do with a file and didn't damage the adapter at all. I did my second one with a bench grinder as I was really lazy. If you are careful, there is really no risk in damaging the adapter as you only have to file a little off. The clear area that you can see where I ground it is some sort of epoxy or hard glue used to adhere the the shell of the plug to the actual lightening connector. The wires are well protected & buried and not at risk of being damaged.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]