Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reciprocity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Toronto Ontario
I just bought the new aluminum keyboard. It's great and it feels really comfotable due to the fact that its lower than my previous one. The only problem is that the F12 button does not respond(I use it for opening dashboard).
I've enabled the fn key for the characters printed on top of the F1-F12 keys, but the F12 button only works for for volume change. Does anyone else have this problem, and is there a solution for that?
Also I had a similar problem on my Macbook pro when ever I would use Aperture, is there a conflict some where?.:confused:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Hmmm... Are you using Canadian, Canadian French, US English, or other? I've heard that there are some bugs in some of the international profiles of the new keyboards... you might change to US English for a second and see if it works like you expect in that profile. Not saying you should have to use your computer in the US/English layout, but... it would tell you what the problem is.

Reciprocity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Toronto Ontario
Hmmm... Are you using Canadian, Canadian French, US English, or other? I've heard that there are some bugs in some of the international profiles of the new keyboards... you might change to US English for a second and see if it works like you expect in that profile. Not saying you should have to use your computer in the US/English layout, but... it would tell you what the problem is.
My keyboard layout is Canadian English..I just tried Us English and extended, but no change..It seems like the problem is deeper..Thanks:)

moreover

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2006
By now your problem was probably resolved: Apple issued a software update just for the keyboard which fixed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.