Aluminum keyboard issue with Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by angrys0ul, Jul 19, 2008.

1. angrys0ul macrumors newbie

I am trying to use an Aluminum keyboard with my Macbook but pressing a few keys I don't see the character thats on it, all alphabets and numbers work fine but When i try to enter @ using Shift+2 it prints " and pressing { prints }

has anyone run into this issue? I bought my keyboard and Macbook both in SF and I m pretty sure I never changed any keyboard settings / Internationalization settings

runing Mac OS X 10.5.4, I don't know if there were any updates to the keyboard lineup but I got mine a few weeks ago so I think its the latest and I have also updated the keyboard firmware

any suggestions on how to fix this?

2. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

I recently picked up the wireless aluminum keyboard for my MacBook and everything has been working correctly so far.

Have you checked your International settings under "System Preferences" to make sure they are still correct? Be sure to check under the International "Formats" and "Input Menu" tabs. I wonder if somehow your keyboard might be mapped to UK or Canadian English instead of US English?

3. angrys0ul thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply

the Region in Formats is set to United States and Input Menu language is US and script is Roman, which is the default

I just dont understand whats causing the issue, the only reason i can think of is the firmware upgrade may have screwed up the keyboard but the alphabets and numbers work fine its just these special characters

just discovered that the @ character can now be typed by pressing [ instead of Shift + 2 which prints "

4. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

Perhaps you can call Apple support with this issue and see what they suggest?

5. angrys0ul thread starter macrumors newbie

after digging through all the preference panes and forum posts finally decided to take it to the store as it turns out it was a faulty keyboard and they replaced it (for free of course)