Aluminum Keyboard Mockup

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by NickElls, May 8, 2007.

1. NickElls macrumors 6502

NickElls

I've always loved the feel of the Powerbook/Macbook Pro keyboards... so why not make a desktop version?

I made a quick picture...

[​IMG]

I would buy one.

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

3. l3lack J4ck macrumors member

i always love typing on laptop keyboards as compared to desktop ones, becuaes the laptops just feel "softer"

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I've also always liked typing on my MacBook Pro rather than on the iMac's keyboard. I might even buy one for when I get my Mac Mini in a month or two if it came out.

5. mBurns macrumors 6502

I'd buy one of those to match my MacBook Pro. Of course, as long as the price wasn't through the roof.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

since i prefer the laptop keyboards as well i went and got this one from Macally and its great. so much better than the Apple Pro keyboard or whatever they call it now :p

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I wish that they made this too, I love my powerbook keyboard.

8. NickElls thread starter macrumors 6502

NickElls

I have the iKeySlim, it's similar but more plasticy.

9. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I hate laptop keyboards. I always type in something wrong (For example; in that past sentence, I had to correct 3 mistakes; I'm on my iBook G3)

But I do have to say, Apple's desktop keyboard also sucks.

Regardless, that's a very nice mockup. :)

10. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

you know what i noticed today, while i was in class, everybody's laptops taking notes during lectures were SOOOO loud, while mine was sooooo smooth and quiet in my macbook. same with the guy that was right beside me with a powerbook:D

11. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I hate to be in a room full of computer's when some teacher is talking. I can barely hear them.:(

12. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

i have this and its great.. it has that laptop keyboard feel and it matches the mac look..

[​IMG]

its called the kensingtion slim type by the way

13. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I just bought a keyboard like that called the inland u-Touch keyboard. I don't like it very much, it feels cramped and it takes a lot of getting used to. The worst part about it is that the arrow keys are regular sized and not differentiated at all from the rest of the keyboard. (That keyboard looks like it doesn't have that problem though)

14. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

I wonder, how much fab work would it be to fab a replacement Macbook Pro keyboard into the frame of a used pro keyboard?

15. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

IMO iBook's in general had horrible keyboards, particularly the G3. They were so springy and mushy. Many dell laptop keyboards seem to have too small of keys and they are oldly shaped. The letters also wear off. I should take a picture of my sisters 3 year old dell laptop. Tons of letters have been worn off and somehow there is a hole forming in the "A" key.

PowerBook/MacBook Pro keyboards are amazing. I love how flat, soft, and responsive they are without being mushy or springy. The macbook keyboards are alright, I'm not used to them though.

16. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Really nice mock up I love the MacBook keyboard I would buy one if I had a desktop computer.

17. dcv macrumors G3

Ooooo someone make me one of those, please! I'm using my iMac right now and I *hate* the keyboard in comparison to my PowerBook's keyboard. Keep bashing the wrong keys! I wouldn't mind having the trackpad as well instead of a mouse.

18. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Please make one of those! Many people that I know and me find it quite hard and uncomfortable to use a "hard" desktop keyboard after being used to use the "soft" laptop one. This could end that! I hope Apple can get some inspiration like this.

That's for rev.b:p

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

20. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

Where's the track pad?!?!? I love that thing and would *kill* (well not really) for a powerbook/macbook keyboard AND the track pad.

21. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

exact same with me, lol,

and yeah, I would buy one:p

22. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

I love laptop keyboards...Especially the MBP one. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

23. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

Somebody here really ought to get in contact with a keyboard manufacturer, or even Apple themselves. Get some capital and fab up a prototype.

Hell, I know I'd buy one!

24. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

if someone could find the pin-out for a PowerBook or iBook keyboard I'd be willing to make a slim USB or whatever keyboard.

I dont know what kind of bus the keyboard resides on but if I could replicate it I'd build one in a heart beat.