Aluminum keyboard = no sleep?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mcdj, Aug 16, 2007.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Normally I use ctrl+option+eject to put my G5 to sleep. Now, with the new keyboard and the software update, this key combo turns the computer into a zombie. The mouse cursor disappears as expected, but the drives don't spin down and the screen stays on. Nothing but a reboot will bring it out of this state. I tried the same key combo with my previous wireless keyboard and I get the same results, leading me to believe it's a software issue.

Anyone else getting this?

thx

mcdj

2. mcdj thread starter macrumors 604

mcdj

3. mcdj thread starter macrumors 604

mcdj

Problem solved...it seems the computer didn't like that I plugged the keyboard into my PCI-E USB card. I unplugged my iPod Shuffle dock (which was plugged into the G5's last remaining native USB port) and swapped it out with the keyboard. Now the keyboard correctly puts the machine to sleep. Odd, because I knew there were issues with USB peripherals preventing sleep, but I thought it was limited to cameras and drives, not keyboards.

Of course, now I can't put the computer to sleep with the Shuffle docked, but at least I have control over that.

4. BioChron macrumors regular

BioChron

5. zami macrumors regular