aluminum keyboard not working

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by karsmcg, Sep 15, 2009.

1. karsmcg macrumors newbie

this is very strange. my aluminum keyboard wired keys are not working. well just 2 keys the 'e' key and 'd'
    anyone have any advice? thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you restart your system? That's a good first step in most troubleshooting procedures.

3. karsmcg thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, I've restarted the computer a couple of times hoping it would fix itself. nothing.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Does the problem occur in all programs, or just some? Have you tried TextEdit?

5. karsmcg thread starter macrumors newbie

it happens in everything. I've tried just TextEdit and nothing

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If it works in all apps after a reboot, and if you've unplugged it and plugged it back in and it still has a problem, then it sounds like either something got stuck in your keyboard or the hardware is defective. One last thing to try: if you have another Mac available, see if plugging the keyboard into another Mac causes the same problem. If it does, it's definitely a hardware problem with the keyboard. If it works OK on another Mac, the problem lies elsewhere in your system.

7. karsmcg thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, i plugged it into my other mac and it doesnt work. i guess its hardware. bummer. thanks for your help

8. arcsbite Guest

the 2 ports on the front of my Mac Pro spiked last month fopr some reason, killing my wired keyboard and my logitech dongle.

went to the apple store and they switched it there and then no issues.
    wish logitech were as helpful :rolleyes:
    :D:apple::D