Aluminum Keyboard (USB)??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AppleNewton, Apr 26, 2008.

1. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

I had a couple questions before I spend some money towards the aluminum keyboard.

1) Im curious does the keyboard only work after 10.4.10? not compatible with any version lower?

2) Im using XP SP2 w/ BootCamp Drivers 1.2 (i believe); will there be any issues with plug-in-play (i didnt see need to update my drivers yet as there hasnt been a need or issue with the 1.2 drivers. any tips? volume key, eject keys etc should 'just' work?

3) I still have an old-acrylic keyboard I might have to swap back and forth for awhile, there shouldnt be any incompatibilities with them together under OSX10.4, 10.5 or XP; correct?

any other tips or recommendations regarding this keyboard itself?
    Its just a keyboard but ive hear and read lots of issues with them under various programs, Operating Systems,e tc and it has a software update, a firmware update and all that; which i never heard of for a keyboard.

thanks in advanced!

2. AppleNewton thread starter macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

welli finally got around to installing 2.0 drivers onto my macpro/ xpprosp2 set up and the keyboard now shows indicators for volume, eject and does print screen; however not how apple describes in its bootcamp support pages.
    Its actually F14 ...NOT.... Fn+Shift+F11 (well atleast it didnt work for me)

hopefully all is smooth with the new drivers, so far so good.