Aluminum Keyboard, XP Bootcamp Code 37 in Device Manager

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ray_uk, May 16, 2008.

1. ray_uk macrumors member

I picked up a new Mac Pro last sunday and after updating the Aluminum keyboards firmware through OS X, Windows XP Service pack 3 is no longer fully loading up, I went in through save mode and device manager displayed the keyboard with a code 37 error, regretably google has not yielded any results specifically pertaining to this error and the aluminum keyboard, however a microsoft article states the following.

Code 37
    Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)
    Recommended resolution

The driver returned failure from its DriverEntry routine. Uninstall the driver, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall or upgrade the driver.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard.

As I'm at work at the moment I havent been able to try the above yet, however has any one else run into this issue or been able to fix it?

Thanks to anyone able to provide any assistance on this.

2. ray_uk thread starter macrumors member

Ok, so where to begin, I initially loaded up vmware fusion and had a look in device manager in there but it used a alternate driver for the keyboard, so I rebooted into safemode and though about using a generic keyboard driver, but for some reason or a nother could not get it loaded, so I uninstalled the aluminum keyboard driver and rebooted thinking I might be able to load into windows without a keyboard present and then reinstall one, however windows loaded up absolutely fine, the driver for the aluminum keyboard wasnt present in device manager anymore but the keyboard and all of its functionality was working, so I will just leave it at that for the moment.
    :D