Aluminum Lid Replaceable?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nyyankees3511, Dec 28, 2008.

1. nyyankees3511 macrumors newbie

I was just wondering in the future if the top of the new macbooks is replaceable? It seems as if its all one piece. What do you all think?

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

The LCD is part of the top casing so if you ever damage the lid then entire LCD must be replaced.

3. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Then you have to replace the whole LCD since it's attached to it..It's going to be a hefty money if no applecare is purchase..O.O

4. gyumilly macrumors member

I got my screen replaced, so I know for sure. All the lid and the screen including the black part that connects to the bottom case will be replaced too. Not many apple repairman did fix this yet. Remind them to take out Airport from the old LCD and put it back to the new one. Airport is locaded in that black round thing and Apple doesn't send a new LCD with it. Or it'll cost $89.

5. jpcho83 macrumors newbie

it may be that apple only sends full lid/lcd components, but I do know that the glass and lcd can be removed from the upper portion and reinstalled... there was a video posted on youtube of someone doing this...

I can't remember the link, but try searching for macbook pro diassembly on there...

6. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

ifixit.com had some step by step tutorials if I remember right.

7. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I'm sorry, but do you guys even read the other posts in the thread or just post without reading?! Just curious... :cool: