Aluminum Macbook '08: Clicking on trackpad no longer responsive?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hkim1983, Sep 6, 2010.

1. hkim1983 macrumors 6502

Hi, I am the owner of an Aluminum Macbook from '08, and I haven't had any issues with my Macbook until recently. I've found that recently, my trackpad has become less and less responsive to clicking and dragging, and it actually got to a point where it would not respond at all (had to hook up a wired mouse). The actual movement of the cursor and multi-finger gestures work perfectly fine though.

Has anyone else had this issue? I just wanted to get a general idea before I call up Applecare. Nothing has been spilt on Macbook.

Thanks.

2. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

I bought a 2nd hand Macbook off eBay and it also has this issue, mine does work though just only about 80% of the time and it's a bit temperamental

3. chill. macrumors 6502

can you actually click the trackpad? i had this issue when my battery swelled up, and it became difficult to click the button

4. whiskers macrumors newbie

My trackpad ('08 Al MB) stopped responding to physical clicks. I used this function frequently for highlighting text and dragging windows.
    I also have similar issues described in this thread, where the mouse seems to be stuck in right-click. (haven't noticed this for a few days)

Any progress on your situation OP?

5. Apple all life macrumors 6502

Yes I have. Went to the apple store and they replaced my trackpad. No problems what so ever now.

6. whiskers macrumors newbie

How long did the process take? Did you make an AppleCare appointment?

7. Apple all life macrumors 6502

It was awhile ago. But I made an appointment. Went in and told them what was wrong. The genius played around with the mouse and was like yep it isnt always responsive. He said I will have it back in around 3-5 days if I remember correctly. He replaced the whole trackpad too.