Aluminum Macbook and windows 7?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by KillerMac, May 9, 2009.

1. KillerMac macrumors newbie

KillerMac

Hello everyone I want to install windows 7 rc1 and am curios to know you thoughts and sugestions. First what version should i use tbe 32 or 64 bit? Also shoul I use bootcamp or vmware fusion? And if anyone knows if the drivers are working in bootcamp with windows 7. The only problem i have with vmware is how fast the battery gets drained so im willing to try bootcamp. And yes i know i will have to install a clean version when in the future.

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Windows7 32-bit works flawlessly with BootCamp.

You can get the 64-bit version to work, it just requires a little bit of effort to direct the BootCamp installer to the 64-bit drivers on the Leopard DVD (google it, it'll come up real quick)

I installed Windows7 32-bit on my Unibody Macbook. Took maybe 30min total to get it running. Just update your BootCamp after installing windows to get multitouch trackpad support and the volume/brightness buttons on the keyboard working.

3. tongteh macrumors 6502

i wouldnt say it works flawlessly tho, i had windows 7 install on my macbook aswell, but the trackpad just wasn't meant for microsoft.. :(

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Dont know what all the fuzz about Win7 it feels just like Vista. I dig Win XP. To each his own I guess..

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Like I said, with the BootCamp drivers update, it worked native-like for me.

6. taru91 macrumors regular

taru91

Yeah, I also tried Windows 7 on my macbook, and like you said, the trackpad wasn't meant for microsoft. The mouse moves jumpy and scrolling is really bad. I even uninstalled windows 7 from my laptop the same day i installed it lol.

7. KillerMac thread starter macrumors newbie

KillerMac

Im going to trust what u say im currently downloading the 32bit and like u said plan to update the bootcamp drivers. :D

The only problem is how would i do that lol can some one explain how would I update them through leopard or inside windows 7? thanx

8. taru91 macrumors regular

taru91

Just insert the recovery discs that came with your mac, insert Disc 1, and a window should pop if you want to run a setup.exe, which is the bootcamp drivers update for the trackpad and sound drivers.

9. crazyxzer0 macrumors 6502

running windows 7 RC1 64bit fine. Bluetooth drivers have issues with connecting to my wireless keyboard though.

Trackpad is a little sensitive but not a big deal if you have mouse handy. A regular logitech mouse makes it work great. This windows operating system is actually pretty good for what it is. Very fast on 64bit.

10. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

BootCamp updater: http://support.apple.com/downloads/Boot_Camp_Update_2_1_for_Windows_XP

You'll see that within Windows, you can have a "BootCamp" system tray icon, where you can manage trackpad/keyboard/update settings.

11. skrutzen macrumors regular

64 bit here as well on my 2.4 Alu MB. Runs really well and snappy. I like this OS a lot.

12. KillerMac thread starter macrumors newbie

KillerMac

Thanx Dude your the best

I decided to go with the 32bit cause I`ve read about the driver issues on the 64bit and probably wont be using it exesively I love xp but just hate the virus problems so i dont even plan to use the internet I just want to test it out and install a comple of things here and there because I´ve read that when the official realease of windows 7 will requiere a clean install and cant be upgraded from this rc1.

Thanks for all the help everyone im going to see what happens tommorow I will let you know if I run into any problems and will give u guys my thoughts on windows 7:D