Aluminum MacBook - Apple logo mod

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dtran09, Mar 29, 2009.

1. dtran09 macrumors newbie

I found this site called iColours.ca that sells the films that you can put in front of your Apple logo. I was just wondering if anybody has any detailed instructions on how to do this with an Aluminum MacBook. It seems as though they don't support the new line of MacBooks.

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

They don't support the new line of macbooks because it is extremely hard to take apart the display housing on them. The whole display is pretty much one piece, so taking it apart would result in the incapability of putting it back together...If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

3. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

I've done it before on a old iBook I had but I wouldn't recommend trying it on a Aluminum MacBook cause once you crack open the case you can kiss your warranty goodbye...

4. dtran09 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I was kinda thinking the unibody design would prevent that (or make it too difficult for it to be worthwhile).

Thanks anyways

5. finnschi macrumors 6502

I Did it .... but I had to glue it on the outside (looks the same)

1. buy printable adhesive transparent , and then print the apple logo colors on that...

2- put it on there

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

care to post a pic of what it looks like?

7. finnschi macrumors 6502

I will when I get Home, you cant see the difference between this and the mod I dod for a friends macbook(white)

8. dtran09 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, you home yet? I'm beginning to get worried, since it's been a couple days.
    :D

I did a little research on these transparent adhesive printable sheets, but I didn't find anything anywhere close to cheap?
    Do you know approx how much it costs for 1 sheet? Or how much it is for the least amount I could buy? If so, where?

Thanks so much.

9. skorpien macrumors 68020

You can try SkinStyler. They offer a variety of colours (including an option to use your own picture), free shipping worldwide, and a satisfaction (read money back) guaranty.