Aluminum MacBook Clock issues...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jeremy08, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Jeremy08 macrumors regular

So my clock keeps getting behind when it goes to sleep i guess? Im not even really sure how, but whenever i first use my computer for the day the clock is behind be however many hours, but just hours, the minutes are exactly on as far as that is concerned, its almost like it switches timezones, but i keep checking and it is set the correct time zone. Any ideas?:confused:

2. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Is the lock, locked on your preferences?? I dont know why it would be changing but make sure it's locked..

EDIT: I just checked and mine is actually unlocked. I also have checked "set time automatically"
    I dont know what else it would be...

3. waremaster macrumors 6502

That happenes sometimes when going from bootcamp back too OSX could that be the issue you are having?

4. TheScavenger macrumors regular

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

This was always the cause when our Dell towers would stop keeping time. The little watch battery was dead.

6. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

That's probably the case but it's just odd its a new MacBook. (he said aluminum)

7. Jeremy08 thread starter macrumors regular

worth a trip to the apple store??...btw, this is my 5th replacement (I think) aluminum macbook, I got this most recent one in early january..

8. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

If your under Apple Care which you are, it's definitely worth a trip to the Apple store.

9. TheScavenger macrumors regular

You've had 5 unibody MacBooks already? Do you use your macbook while walking around on shag carpet in feetie pajamas all day or something?