Aluminum Macbook: Ethernet suddenly stopped working need help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thefoxes, May 17, 2009.

1. thefoxes macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I've had the 13" aluminum macbook since October 2008 and I've never had a problem with the wireless or an ethernet connection. I turned on my computer the other day and I couldn't connect to the internet through my ethernet port. I've determined it's not my connection (friend's macbook connects fine) and I've tried connecting to other ports around my campus and it still doesnt work. On network settings, the light is green, cable detected, assigned an ip address and dns but it simply times out when I try to connect to anything (firefox, itunes store, mail, etc.). I'm fairly new to mac os x so any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

First Reset Your PRAM then go to System Preferences->Network. Highlight the Airport and use the top drop-down to create a new custom Connection and select your setting (DHCP or Static) and click on the 'Apply' button.

3. thefoxes thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thank you for the advice but I read that in OS X network settings aren't stored in the PRAM anymore. Any other suggestions?

4. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox