Aluminum MacBook just died after playing a DVD...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nubee, Dec 3, 2008.

1. nubee macrumors member

So I was watching a DVD and all of the sudden it just died on me. I'm doing all the holding down certain buttons stuff, and nothing. All that happens is that the green light beside the camera keeps flashing when I press down the power button.

I'm trying to revive it, but it doesn't look good. :( I guess I'll have to bring it in to a store tomorrow. And on my one day off, too! Damn it!

Grr.

2. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

that pretty much sucks but im sure you wont be at the store for long. they will replace it on the spot. if they try to offer you a repair say heeellllll no

3. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Do a one-last-attempt at hardware test when booting from install DVD 1, and if that fails too take it to a technician.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. My friends ThinkPad died whilst playing a DVD too - the video card just died outright.

4. nubee thread starter macrumors member

So I went to the store today and they're going to replace the Logic Board. They didn't really check anything out, though. The guy is just assuming it's the Logic Board. Guess we shall see.

Well, since I bought it online, the guy said I wouldn't be able to get a replacement right there.

What irked me was that he was so careless with my MacBook. Like, when the back latch was still sticking out, he set it back down and it pretty much fell on the desk. <_<