Aluminum MacBook Pro 15" Discoloration Issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by doodman, Mar 4, 2009.

1. doodman macrumors newbie

Hello all,

long time listener, first time caller...

I just bought a new 15" MBP and I am contemplating the need for a cover for my palmrests. I know that some computers have issues with the palmrests becoming discolored with use.

I do not want this to become the case with my new MBP.

Does anyone know if this is an issue w/ the new, unibody, aluminum MBP? If so, then I will have to find some way to protect my palmrests.

(Also, I bought a black Speck SeeThru Satin hardshell case for the MBP so if anyone has any thoughts on it, feel free to let me know. It's currently in being shipped to me.)

Thanks!

2. iaymnu macrumors 6502

Haven't read anywhere about discoloration but if you wear a watch just watch out that you might be able to chip the palmrest. (I have a chip on my 13"uni from my watch :mad:) Moshi palmguard has the closest color match to the unibodies if you are looking for a palm guard.

I personally use invisible shield. I had a speck case for previous gen mbp but it gathered dust under and scratched the bottom. But I think the new speck case fixed it?

3. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I haven't heard about any discoloration with the unibody Macs (but the plastic MacBooks are VERY famous for it :p) Like the guy above said, be careful when you wear a watch; I almost got a heart attack when my friend was using my MBP to look something up and had a watch on :D And I also would suggest the Moshi Palmguard. I have heard only good things about it. I'm planning on purchasing one myself, just 2 of my orders I already placed were cancelled because they say that the address or something doesn't match, even though I used the exact same info on NewEgg and it worked :confused: I'll try Amazon or something when I get some time.