aluminum macbook problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ahmad123456789, Feb 22, 2009.

1. ahmad123456789 macrumors member

i buyed a new movie that i wanted to see in my macbook but everytime i enter the disc in my drive the error 69902 appears.... can anyone tell me how to fix it... i tried vlc do not like it..... this happens using the dvd player

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

There're a discussion on the apple support board about this:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6462993

Try repairing disk permissions. Also, make sure the disc isn't damaged.

Also, a discussion on MacWorld suggests it's an issue with cheap MATSHITA dvd drives that a portion of the MB's carry, if that's the issue, you could try and get the drive replaced under warranty, and hope to get a different brand drive.

3. aluminumapple macrumors regular

also there is another error apparently where itunes doesnt like it when you play a movie that you havent baught from them? dont know if that might help.

4. ahmad123456789 thread starter macrumors member

5. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

applications > utilities > disk utility > repair permissions

6. aluminumapple macrumors regular

Search. The. Forum. using. Search. Engine.

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

With all the "help!" threads you make, have you ever tried searching on google first?

8. om3ga785 macrumors member

The people here get tired of repetitive threads because some topics like these are posted all over the place on the forum. The search function is there for a reason. to prevent having double or multiple threads of the same issue.

popping a plug on here will NOT solve your problem and get the help your looking for.

Use MRoogle to search for this issue FIRST. There are alot off issues that are already posted with solutions, you just need to tame that fire of yours and take a few minutes and look up the problem before posting a new thread.