Aluminum Macbook - Sleep Indicator Light

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by catalyst6, Oct 26, 2008.

1. catalyst6 macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

Got my 2.0 Macbook last night and am really enjoying it. One "problem" that I was wondering if anyone else had experienced.

Half of my sleep indicator light is not even, or seems missing. When it lights up you can see where half of the other white dots should be, but there are only a few there. It essentially looks like a bunch of dead pixels on the right side.

Anyone know how to fix this? I read it was just a bunch of tiny drilled holes....

2. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

3. catalyst6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

I'm afraid to take it back over such a little issue, I appear to have no dead pixels on the display and don't wanna risk getting a worse one.

Had this same problem with my iphone :(

4. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

You'll probably have to take the chance to get it replaced, but rest assured you can turn on your replacement in the store and check it out to make sure it looks/works right.

5. sybec macrumors newbie

I have seen the inside of the macbook battery/harddrive panel and the sleep light is located right in front of the harddrive. Maybe you could pull out the harddrive and unscrew the black plastic holding the sleep light/ir sensor to see if something is blocking it from shining through. Might be worth a shot if that is the only issue.

6. rtmadden macrumors regular

I actually just noticed the same thing; the light doesn't illuminate evenly and is dimly lit in a certain section. Doesn't really make me a happy camper, but I'm not sure if I would feel ridiculous trying to get a replacement.

7. dbdynsty25 macrumors regular

Mine does the same thing...If that's all that's wrong, it's essentially a perfect laptop. That's the way I look at it...so I'll live with it. It's pretty obvious that the machining of the whole just isn't perfectly even...resulting in an uneven light. No biggie to me.

8. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

yeah mine also looks like it has a dim pixel in the middle, and this is my second one. i think theyre all like that, its really not a big deal. and im almost positive they wouldnt replace for that

9. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Definitely not normal but I dont think its anything to worry about! Just deal with it. Its not worth returning it.

10. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I don't think it's worth taking it back, if everything else is fine with it. HOWEVER, if it's going to bug you, you should take it back and you will have no trouble getting it replaced, no matter what anyone tells you. It's up to you...

11. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

It's best to get it replaced than not getting a replaced.