Aluminum MacBook Spots Behind Glass

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cnote678, Feb 4, 2010.

1. cnote678 macrumors member

So I got my aluminum MacBook the month they came out in 2008, and it's been great.

The issue now is that there are particles between my LED display and the glass covering the screen and bezel.

For a while it was just one small particle which I ignored, but recently a larger piece of something got between the glass and the LED scree, smack in the center of my display. I suspect the rubber seal is no longer functioning correctly.

So, anybody else have this issue, and do you have any suggestions before I take it in to the Apple Store? Thanks!

2. cnote678 thread starter macrumors member

3. ThomasJL macrumors 6502a

This was a very common problem during the first couple of months when those aluminum MacBooks were first released. People here posted about dust particles inside the glass.

I think you should try to get it fixed. Don't let Apple charge you for it, either. You paid a premium price, so you deserve a premium quality product.

4. cnote678 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the input! I'll be visiting the Apple Store tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes.

5. cnote678 thread starter macrumors member

Okay. I went to the Apple Store at the Mall of America and they said that even though it's a manufacturing defect, since my warranty is expired, they won't fix it. But you said since it's a known issue, and my girlfriend got her Macbook known issue fixed after warranty, so shouldn't they fix mine? I'll try to take it in the Chicago store (home) and get them to fix it but...any tips? Please?

6. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Hah, have you seen the screen on those machines? Even Apple got so embarrassed, they replaced it in February, last year.

Personally, I would ask Apple, if they accept that it is a manufacturing defect that affects a lot of machines.