Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XavierBk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
It just started recently out of the blue, not sure why. I did a RAM upgrade about 4 months ago, other than that there has been no hardware changes that might explain the issue. Also wasn't able to repair it with the install disc, it tells me I can't install OS X on the computer...

EDIT: Oh, and don't mind the screen, the FPCB is cracked which is why there is the partial portion of the screen that isn't working.

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It just started recently out of the blue, not sure why. I did a RAM upgrade about 4 months ago, other than that there has been no hardware changes that might explain the issue. Also wasn't able to repair it with the install disc, it tells me I can't install OS X on the computer...
You should be able to access the Disk Utility without trying to install. Is it the install disk that came with your computer? What Mac OS X version shipped with your computer, and what version is on it now?

XavierBk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
I can get into disk utility and I ran a check and fixed permissions and that didn't help.

It is not the disc that came with it, I borrowed it. I got the Macbook from a friend and didn't get a disc with it.

XavierBk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Yea, that's what I meant when I wrote check, my mistake.

Also, I missed answering this in my other post but it is running whatever the latest version of Snow Leopard is.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.