Aluminum MacBook V MacBook Air

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chrisob, Sep 15, 2009.

1. chrisob macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have an Aluminum MacBook 2.0 GHz 160GB HD with OS 10.6 installed. Its still in mint condition n all and giving me no problems really. Performing brilliantly. I was thinking of trading up for a MacBook Air though. I know I wont b gaining anything in performance but the beauty just draws me to the Air. (silly I know but I've always wanted one). My question really is am I firstly being an idiot paying so much just for something aesthetically pleasing??? Secondly would anyone have any idea how much I could get for my existing MB. I payed €1250 a year ago

Any advice would be appreciated

2. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

Performance wise it would be a downgrade. However you'll gain a better display. I wouldn't but that's just because the thought of paying money for a computer that is slower than the one I currently own does not appeal to me.

3. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

i'd stick with the macbook unlesss a nicer screen and more portability is what you want [​IMG] rather then speed and power

4. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

Are you guys sure that the MacBook Air has a better display on it?

5. chrisob thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll probably stick with what I've got. Unless a MB Air upgrade comes out. But I think the current range of Airs was only recently updated. Too bad. I'll have one someday tho.... :):apple::apple:

6. omarjk macrumors regular

I sold an Air on in exchange for a MB as the Air simply did not offer me what I wanted.

If I had a solid desktop set-up at home than it would have won hands down as a purely portable option and therefore only used in a few situations but as I don't have that set-up using an MBA would have been entirely impractical.

Mac Pro + MBA = the way forward (unless you are touring the world for 6 months a year).

7. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...a 4200RPM HDD is soooo slow and SSD's are still way over priced - and its not like the MBA internal design takes full advantage of an SSD anyway = they just aren't worth the cost...

If you want more portable wait for the apple tablet and keep your uMB.