Aluminum MacBook--Will they repair it?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by h12345, Aug 27, 2009.

1. h12345 macrumors newbie

So I got my unibody MacBook soon after it came out in November. Since then, I have had it repaired once because many of the keys on my keyboard were lopsided. They replaced the top case (including keyboard) back in May. When I got it back, I noticed that the trackpad was not seated correctly--the bottom right corner of it is slightly lower than the bottom left corner. If you hold the MacBook upside down, the trackpad in that corner actually pops back up (it falls back into its "lowered" position once upright due to gravity).

There is one more thing that has been bothering me... from certain angles, you can see what seems to be an LCD defect. There is a collection of patches of washed out screen right in the middle of the LCD. It is only noticeable from certain angles on a white background, but it is there.

These are minor annoyances, but are clearly defects. I feel that a $1400 product should be free of these. I'd like to bring in my MacBook to the genius bar, but don't want to feel like a nagger. Do you think they will repair these problems? Would you bring it in to the Apple Store?

2. Beaverfish macrumors regular

I think the washed out bit in the mibble, might be light shining through the apple logo :)

3. h12345 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's actually a few inches below the Apple logo... I just checked haha