Aluminum Touchpad Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cshale210, Oct 24, 2008.

1. cshale210 macrumors member

So I have the new 2.4 Macbook Aluminum. I absolutely love it, but occasionally I will be using the trackpad and I will click. I will click again in the same spot. It doesn't respond. Then it will work. IS anyone else experiencing similar problems with their trackpad? Is this grounds to bring it to the Apple Store for a switch?

It was annoying, now I am getting used to it, but there seems to be something a bit wrong. I am clicking towards the bottom middle is where the fault usually is. Thanks.:apple:

2. Aztec macrumors regular

Mine is working perfectly. It responds immediately.

3. Jollins macrumors regular

Jollins

I haven't noticed a similar issue. If you're sure you're clicking and its not registering the click, then it's definitely a problem. The trackpad is how you interact with the computer, so I think its extremely important and definitely worth contacting Apple over.

4. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

I've found that it usually happens when you have two fingers on the touchpad (like resting your thumb on the touchpad while moving your index finger to move the cursor around, then clicking without moving either your thumb or finger off the touchpad).

I think the touchpad is getting confused thinking you're trying to do a multi-touch gesture. I'm sure Apple will address this in a future firmware update.

5. cshale210 thread starter macrumors member

This is what I do, and this is what I was thinking.