Aluminum wireless keyboard won't turn on

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jamesarm97, Nov 9, 2009.

1. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I got a message that my batteries were low in the wireless keyboard. I let it go until the connection dropped because I did not have any batteries handy. I have since replaced the batteries with brand new ones and I cannot get the keyboard to turn on. I have pressed and held the power button on the side but the green light never comes on. Is there some sort of special reset sequence I can do on it?

- James

2. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

3. jamesarm97 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fixed it. It was fixed using the old small pea sized ball of aluminum trick. If you have a keyboard that was working, then wont turn on even after replacing the batteries, put a small balled up piece of aluminum foil down the battery holder before the first battery. The though crossed my mind that the batteries were not making contact, but they had plenty of spring and the battery cap was pushing down on them plenty. I think what happens is the contact at the bottom of the battery holder wears out and putting a piece of foil in there allows other parts of the contact to touch the battery.

- James

4. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

great to know I will remember you if this happens in the future ;)