Always asking me to pick speakers in 11.0...

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by canyonblue737, Oct 12, 2017.

1. canyonblue737 macrumors 6502a

Ever since updating my two AppleTV Gen 4 boxes and purchasing a new AppleTV 4k all 3 of them upon waking from sleep ask me to pick from a selection menu of speakers. I have two of the boxes hooked up to AV receivers and the third box hooked to a soundbar. All the speakers are labeled so it is easy to pick one and then press menu and everything works normally but is there a reason this is now appearing (never did in 10.0) and is there a way a box can remember what setting I picked for it so I don't have to pick this every time? Thanks...

2. mic j macrumors 68030

I have been experiencing this also.

3. pwygant macrumors newbie

I believe I have an answer here and my guess would be that you are using some kind of Harmony remote?

If so, apparently the consensus is that Harmony remotes sends the equivalent of a long-press of Pause/Play for events which in tvOS 11 is the shortcut to bring up the speakers menu. Not sure how to fix it yet... Maybe change the delays?

4. canyonblue737 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yup, use the harmony remote to switch to the AppleTV and it sends a play/pause to wake it up. I tend to use the Remote app on my iPhone to control it but of course when I switch to it all my AppleTVs use a harmony. interesting i never saw this behavior before iOS 11, i'll look into it but thanks!