Always boots into windows?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JoeSmith90, Feb 7, 2008.

1. JoeSmith90 macrumors newbie

Hey, I just got my BlackBook!!!! and after installing XP how do i make it so it autoboots into macos x without having gto choose partion on boot up, via os x

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Once you're in OS X, go to System Preferences and open the "Startup Disk" prefpane. Just select your Mac OS X volume and you're done. It will now boot by default into OS X.

3. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

AS well as the above go into XP, go to Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance and click the Boot Camp Icon. Set the startup disk there to OS X as well.

4. JoeSmith90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool thanks but i get to this part and all there is only? 1 that says netwotk startup?

5. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Just wait a second, your Mac has to look at the different disks in your system and figure out what's on them. Other volumes should appear. You might also need to unlock the pane by clicking the padlock icon in the lower left, if it's locked (and enter your user password).

6. JoeSmith90 thread starter macrumors newbie

I hate to be annoying but ive waitied and nothings happend....

7. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

At minimum it should show the OS X installation you're currently booted into as a folder with an X on it. Are you an admin-level user on your machine?

8. JoeSmith90 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeh... i dont no if this has anything todo with it... but my xp partition bodged... and doesnt load and i gotta formatt my drive to get it bk.. but as im awaiting a new drive it doesnt bother me much... but i just want to auto boot lol