Always happening

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ben5000, Jul 30, 2011.

1. ben5000 macrumors newbie

Im on 3gs 4.1.

It seems like every couple of months my phone crashes and needs a restore (re jailbreak etc) when I download the wrong file from cydia (such as a font or a program) that ends up messing everything up.

Most recently this morning I downloaded a font from cydia, the last thing i did was activate it on Bytafont, re-springed and phone never came out of it.3

Seriously. Is there any way around this or is it really just my bad luck? Am I the only one with this problem?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Bad luck I guess.
    I only stick with 7-8 must have JB packages that I use and I keep it simple.
    If you go around installing and trying out lots of stuff that's bound to happen.
    There's lots of buggy and conflicting stuff on cydia that dont play well with other addons.

3. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

Install MobileSubstrate, it should help in such cases. If your iPhone crashes, it'll respring it in SafeMode (all tweaks are disabled). So then you'll Be able to go to Cydia and delete the font/tweak/what ever ;)

4. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

I had the same issue with fonts. Ended up restoring 2x. Now i don't bother changing my font. not worth the aggravation.