Always need to use network diagnostics

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sross16, Oct 30, 2011.

1. sross16 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have to say I'm new to posting on the site, but have been lurking around for quite a while as I have been doing research on a new computer. I have a new MBP 15" late 2011. I had originally purchased an early '11 15" and was still in my return window to swap out for the updated one.

On to my question/problem. Every time I reopen the display after closing it, the computer can not connect to the internet. It always tells me to use the assistant in network diagnostics, or to clear proxies, or other error messages pertaining to Network Diagnostics.

Has anyone had this problem? The first MBP I bought 2 weeks ago did not do this ever, and it just took a brief second to reconnect to the router. Any info on a fix would be very helpful as this is quite annoying to have to do every time I want to get on the net.

Thanks for the help guys!

2. sross16 thread starter macrumors newbie

No matter what I do, it keeps making me go through network diagnostics to confirm everything works before I am able to have internet connectivity.

My wife has no problem on her 13" MBP by the way.

3. Detrius macrumors 68000

4. kazakh macrumors member

Had exactly the same problem on my girlfriend's computer. After reading on several forums, I figured it was likely the problem was with one of the Apple's updates. Have you recently installed Lion? Or did the computer come with Lion?

Anyways, basically I ran Software Update again, and downloaded another update for Lion - problem solved. The only funny part is that I installed Lion too, and had no problems like on her computer.

But try doing a Software update.