Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Canadia69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
I cant find the altimeter watch face apple showed in the september event. Anyone knows whats the name?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 10.00.32 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 10.00.32 AM.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 1,957

porkrind

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2015
That’s the “X-Large” face with a third party altimeter complication I’m not familiar with.

edit: my mistake, that complication is ‘elevation’ as part of Apple's compass app.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadia69

SidBoggle

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
Bucks, UK
From apple.com:

The always-on altimeter on Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 6 lets you track your current elevation in real time. Add the elevation complication to the watch face to see your elevation with a glance.

1. With the watch face showing, touch and hold the display, then tap Edit.
  2. Swipe left all the way to the end.
    If a face offers complications, they’re shown on the last screen.
  3. Tap a complication to select it, turn the Digital Crown to Compass, then choose Elevation.
  4. Press the Digital Crown to save your changes, then tap the face to switch to it.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
On your phone go to the watch app, then the face gallery. Scroll down and pick the X-Large face. Pick the color you want, then for the complication select ‘elevation’ (It’s listed under ‘compass’)

michaelb5000

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
Elevation does not seem to be available in all complications, and in many the text for the actual elevation is tiny and most of the space is used by that weird graphic. I didn't try the watch face above (since I don't think I will use it) but if you are looking for a watch face that actually shows your elevation, the best option is the Modular face with elevation as the large middle complication. that shows the elevation in large clear type.

The addition of the always on altimeter allows elevation as a continually updating complication, so a pretty cool feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.