Always on top function ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by UKBeast, May 1, 2010.

1. UKBeast macrumors 6502

Hi, I want set some programs an always on top mode like when i move to other spaces or open other softwares, the window i want to keep on top must always be on like in windows.

I am using adium to chat with my friends and i want to keep the conversation window always on top, how can i do that ?

2. larkost macrumors 6502a

This is not going to be possible without cracking open XCode and modifying the window code for that, and having looked at that source code it is not going to be pretty.

A far better option is to go onto the Adium forums and put in a request for that feature.

3. UKBeast thread starter macrumors 6502

http://infinite-labs.net/afloat/

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

You must be using a different version of Windows 7 than I am. In Windows 7 when I select another program the other program goes completely behind the new program I am running.

Besides Adium on Mac I put a check mark on the line in the program's Preferences that says "Show Adium Status in menu bar". Then pop-outs come up when someone writes me.

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

WindowShade X has a feature for letting you do this as well among other features like rolling up the window and making windows transparent. It recently got updated for Snow Leopard (10.6) support.